Wednesday, March 27, 2013

It feels like we're being set up for failure.

Often times during the course of the year we are given test. Our teachers say it is to see what we've learned and what we haven't learned yet, they still grade us on it. Every teacher wants to hear that their teaching method is good and their students are learning but that's not always the case.

Yesterday morning I was given a surprise chemistry test. Those are never good because I always have to worry about passing this class. As a senior it was my mistake of taking the class to late. I can't just kickback and do nothing cause if i do i can get my college acceptance revoked. That's just my case but, I speak for the my whole class when I say, we have learned a third of what was on that 90 question test. Who gives a test with material nobody knows? Our chemistry teachers sadly.

The sad part of this is that, we really are being set up for failure, especially us seniors in the class because we do not have another to take this class. It might sound a bit dramatic but it is the truth. We sit here and ask question cause we need answers and all we get is, "The answer is in the book, I'm not telling you."  Okay? Thanks. How do we know we are correct?

Senior life is stressful, we have to deal all this nonsense all day. Or science department does not think it is nonsense, they think they are doing a fine job. To me it proves to be nonsense when you have a 40% failure rate in each class.

No comments:

Post a Comment